Friday, December 2, 2011

Sesame Chicken

Hello friends!  Guess what?! I've conquered my first goal... I have 11 followers!  I was hoping for 3 by February 2012; guess I'm just that cool! Ehh! :)

The other day I was looking for "healthy  dinners" and came across this recipe on no other than good 'ol Martha Stewart!  You know, she has an episode on how to fold fitted sheets with just one person?!  Man, I still can't figure it out! I can barely do it by myself with my dad helping me! But guess who can?! My mom! She's awesome!  When I sat down at the dinner table to eat my home-cooked meal, it reminded me of my favorite dish my mom used to cook for us.  Even though her dish was teriyaki chicken strips with white rice and broccoli, it still reminded me of my growing up days! The best part was having a huge glass of milk with it! YUM!!

When I pulled this recipe up, I thought, hmmm this shouldn't be too difficult; so I gave it go!

Dinner for 2 as follows:

Ingredients:

3/4 Cup Brown Rice (i used the individual, throw it in boiling water bag for 8 minutes)
3 Tablespoons Honey (for the sauce)
2 Tablespoons of Sesame Seeds (for the sauce) and it was a *itch to find. :)
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce (for the sauce)
1 Garlic Glove; Finely Chopped (for the sauce)
2 Large Eggs (Batter) (I did egg-whites)
1/4 Cup Cornstarch (Batter) 
2 Chicken Breasts; Boneless, Skinless
1 Tablespoon Virgin (haha) Oil
2 Scallions for the foodies; people like me, we call them green onions! Side note* I had to google "scallions" and "cornstarch" hahahahaha  Shhhh, don't tell anyone! :)
Broccoli (however much you wanna make) 1 1/2 pounds is good for two people.

Directions:

In a Large Bowl, Whisk together Cornstarch and 2 Eggs (whites)

In a Small Bowl, Add Soy Sauce, Sesame Seeds, Garlic, and Honey.  Stir with a spoon or fork and set aside for later.

Grab your two pieces of Chicken and rinse them thoroughly... No One wants  Salmonella! Got it?! Sprinkle Salt and Pepper to both sides, then place them into your "Large Bowl" Batter; flipping to coat.  Leave them for a minute or two while you grab your pan/skillet.  Add Virgin Oil to pan and turn to medium heat.  Once hot, place chicken into pan, flipping till golden brown on both sides and middle is cooked (6-8 minutes) I usually go for 10 cause I'm always unsure! :)

While Chicken is Cooking, Start Broccoli and Rice.  Cook to how you like it... Stick a fork in it! Ehh!

Once Chicken is ready, grab your homemade sauce and "scallions", and toss to coat!

There you have it, dinner for 2!

You can see this recipe on Martha's website and see that it looks totally different and pretty.  She cut her chicken into nuggets and made a chicken bowl with rice and broccoli.

As you can see below, I did not! Only because I didn't pay attention to detail! hahahaa



Yes, I cleared my plate!  I will be honest though... Not a fan of brown rice, but am a fan of being healthy. (Minus the globs of butter I put on it!) I ate the rice and broccoli first. Can anyone guess why?!

Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Knot Just Beanies! Question... I cook you dinner, you make me a beanie?! Yeah buddy! 143

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! You better get on those vegetarian dishes!! 143

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaa I will g-Nat! Just for you! 143

    ReplyDelete