Thursday, December 1, 2011

First food post... Come and Get it now ya Hear!

Yeah buddy! Look who's posting their first "food" blog?! It's me! Well, it's actually dessert but I guess dessert is food, right? Anyway...This particular dessert is called "Strawberries with Cream Cheese, Sugar filling!  I originally got the recipe from "Pinterest" from someone who pinned it, who then pinned it, then I pinned it, then I stole it! Got it?! hahaThey called it "Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries" and I in turn called it something long.  :)

Here's how I made it...

Strawberries (wash, then cut the tops off till they're hollow) or hello hello hello! hahaha
8oz. softened cream cheese
3-4 Tablespoons of Confectioners Sugar (for the foodies) I like to call it powdered sugar. Also, for my "recipe", I used 4 Tablespoons because my girl isn't a huge fan of cream cheese. :)
1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract.
Graham Cracker Crumbs. 


In a bowl, mix in cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla.  Stir with a wooden spoon (if you're like me and don't own a mixer) until creamy.

In a plastic baggy, spoon in your above goodies, scissor the tip and fill in the "hollow" strawberry.  Top with Graham Crackers.

If you're not a fan of cream cheese, fill it with whip cream and call it a "special strawberry"!

Enjoy, and till next time...

6 comments:

  1. Deee-Lish! They were Red Robin YUUUUM!!! And pretty too! 143!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make these for 4th of July, but cut tops off so they sit flat on a platter and slice 3/4 down from the tips. Fill with the cream cheese filling and sprinkle with blue sprinkles. Red, White and Blue treat! Kinda looks like a volcano!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Great idea!! Thanks for the tip! Love it!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! Not to pat my own back or anything but it was bomb! ;)

    ReplyDelete